How to use?
- You can sign in via Facebook or email. You would need to register for a new account before you can sign in using your email and password.
- Enter your name, email and password, then click ‘Register’
Upon signing in
- When you sign in for the first time, you’ll be asked whether you want to join an existing group or create a new one. Once you’ve signed in you do not need to sign in again the next time you launch the app unless you clicked the ‘Logout’ button.
Creating a new group
- At the moment, the app allows you to create only one group for your family. Click create to create a new group, then enter a name for your family group, then click ‘Ok’. Search and select family members from your address book. You’d then be taken to a New Message View with a message automatically generated. Read through, don’t make any changes to the message, then click ‘Send’. An SMS would be sent to your invited members.
Joining an existing group
- When you click ‘Join’ to join an existing family group, enter the verification code which was sent to you via SMS. Make sure the verification code is kept private. For security purpose, you’re advised to delete the SMS after you’ve successfully joined the family group.
- If you sign in with Facebook, your profile pic will be the one taken from Facebook. If you register with your email, you’d be assigned a default profile pic. In order to change your profile pic, when you’re at the ‘Family Members’ View, click on your name, then select a photo from the photo gallery.
- You can chat with your family members through the “Messaging” View.
- (Important) For background location tracking to work, ensure that Location is on, location permission is granted and power saving mode is set to "Off" or set to kick in at 20% battery power.
- Your own location is indicated on the Map. Once all the members have signed in, you can find their location by clicking the ‘Refresh’ button on the top right corner of the Map View.
- To add a new event, tap on the selected date on the Calendar, then click ‘+’ sign. You can enter the event name and location and set the time and marker color (Red, Green, Blue, Magenta, Purple). By default, the marker color is ‘Blue’. The "Set Time" toggle switch enables you to set the time for the event. It is "off" by default.
Deleting a Calendar Event
- Tap on the selected date on the Calendar, then click ‘+’ sign. A "Delete Calendar Event" button appears below the color selection if an event was previously created. Click to delete the event.
Editing an Existing Calendar Event
- Tap on the selected date on the Calendar, then click ‘+’ sign. Make the necessary changes, then click 'Save'